Meatballs? Check. Stroganoff? Check. Perfect for chilly days? Check. One tasty healthy meal? double check!
This meal is packed with flavor, 24g of protein and 450 calories, wonderful for these wintery days inside. whats not to love about this meal? lets get started shall we?
Forgive us our follow along pictures came out too blurry 🙁
Ingredients (Meatballs) Ingredients (Sauce)
- 1lb ground beef (80/20) 1 tbsp butter
- 1 egg 2 cups sliced mushrooms (white or cremini)
- 1/4 cup almond flour 1 clover minced garlic
- 1 tsp kosher salt 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 tsp black pepper 3/4 sour cream
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp onion powder salt pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried parsley 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs butter to fry
- Lets take our meatball ingredients and combine them, don’t add the butter just yet, that’s for frying. We want to form 12 meatballs
2. In a medium high heat pan, put your butter in and add your meatballs. We want to cook the meatballs until they’re brown on all sides. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
3. After those are done we’re gonna remove from the pan and set aside.
4. Now take another 1 tbsp of butter and the 2 cups sliced mushrooms and toss them into the pan. Cook until the mushrooms are golden and fragrant then remove them.
5. Toss in the onions and the garlic and cook 3-4 minutes or until softened then remove from the pan.
6. Now pour in your beef broth to your pan and scrape the bottom to get the delicious bits off. Then you’re gonna whisk in your sour cream, xanthan gum until smooth.
7. Now we add our mushrooms, meatballs, onions and garlic back into the mix and stir, simmer down on low for about 20 minutes. then season salt and pepper to taste.
Now dish up and enjoy all the yumminess that awaits!