Most times you hear quiche you think a warm flaky crust, so if your eating low-carb you might steer away but have no fear this recipe is crust free. Crustless quiches are actually becoming super popular, a benefit of going crustless is one lest component to worry about.
The best part about a quiche is you can dump in what ever your little heart wishes to have.
Lets get right into it!
Sadly we didn’t get very many photos. Here we have most our ingredients put together.
Red and yellow peppers getting a little sauted, in our deep dish we have our, green beans, sauted cherry tomatoes, onions, ground turkey and then we’ll add our custard over it with some cheese.
Now we have a finished meal ready to be deliciously devoured! we hope you enjoy this meal just as much as we all did here at the office. 🙂
For the ingredients its really up to you what you would like in the dish, but here is a baseline you can use to help you out.
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cup of liquid; milk, heavy cream, almond milk, coconut, other non-dairy ,ilk.
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups of choice of meats and veggies(eg. ham, bacon, turkey, mushrooms, spinach, leeks)
- 1/2 cup cheese of your choice
- Herbs and spices to your liking
- lets get our oven going at a toasty 375* F
- Now were gonna prepare and season our solid ingredients like the meats and raw veggies.
- Spread your meats and veggies in a deep pie pan. Make sure when layering, your heaviest ones go first and cheese on top.
- Next where gonna make the custard. You’ll combine your liquids and season to taste. When combining use either a whist or blender until slightly frothy.
- Now we pour or custard over the solid ingredients and put into the oven on the center for 30-45 min. Check your quiche at half an hour. If you see the top is starting to brown to fast cover with foil. You want the sides to be done with no residue on the sides when you insert a knife, but the center soft. Remember it’ll continue to cook once removed from oven and left in the pan.
- Finally dig in and enjoy! you can serve this warm, cold, or room temp.